Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Advance Health Care Directives

Since ‘Advance Health Care Directives’ have come up twice in the last couple of weeks I thought I would make some comments about them.

After several messages from my kids and my ex-wife, it became apparent that I needed to look into this instrument particularly after my Doctor gave me the entire package I needed to fill in.

After theTerri Schiavo case in Florida, in which she was kept alive from 1990 to 2005 through life support
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schiavo there became a renewed interest in this instrument.

It seems to me that during a highly emotional period all concerned need some guidance from the patient that has been well thought out while they are well.

Don’t wait for your Attorney to prepare this document for you. You don’t have to wait for your Doctor to urge you along but just GOOGLE ‘Advance Health Care Directive’ and you will find everything you need on the first page of hits.